This list undergoes a continual sifting and shifting of ideas and items. You’ll notice that I’m not big on the daring, adventure types of tasks. No bungee jumping or shark cage diving for me. I’m more about the seeing of places and things, with a few tamer activities tossed in between.
Hopefully there will be a lot of crossing off of the ones I find the most fun and am lucky enough to actually get to do. I believe everybody should have a bucket list (or two or three). I prefer to call mine a “sand bucket” list because of my obvious beach bias. That, and it sounds less “kick-the-buckety” than the regular saying. Anyway, here it is and in no particular order:
- Tour the castle countries of Austria, Germany and Hungary.
- Sleep in a haunted hotel and visit a haunted lighthouse (St. Augustine).
- Visit Disney Land (California, for those not in the Disney know).
- Tour the Utilidoors underneath Disney World.
- Meet an Imagineer (again, Disney)
- Visit Nashville, Tennessee.
- Stand on stage at the Grand Ole Opry. Barefoot.
- Visit all of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Cafes (
Key West, Orlando, Myrtle Beach).
- Meet Jimmy Buffett (hey, a girl can dream.)
- Take off to all of the islands in the Beach Boys’ song “Kokomo” (Aruba, Jamaica,
Bermuda, Bahamas, Florida Keys, Martinique, Montserrat, Haiti).
- ….as well as the rest of the Caribbean islands (
Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Jamaica, Mexico, Cuba, Belize….)
- Try out the famous beach bars (
Soggy Dollar, Bomba Shack, Rhymer’s Beach Bar)
- Ride a camel to the pyramids.
- Ride an elephant.
- Ride a horse down into the Grand Canyon.
- What’s with all this riding? I really need to start walking somewhere.
Take the dam tour at Hoover Dam.
- See lions and giraffes on an African safari.
Interactand swim with dolphins.
- Participate in a marine animal rescue or release.
- Zipline through a rainforest.
- Take an airboat ride through the Everglades.
Learn to Stand-Up Paddleboard.
- Sail on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls.
- Stay at the Don Cesar – pink palace – Hotel on St. Pete Beach.
- Stay at the Plaza in New York City.
- Eat at Emeril’s.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty.
- Learn to surf (waves, not the web).
- Disney cruise.
- See Alaskan glaciers from the deck of a ship (possibly on a Disney cruise – hey, I could cross off two for the price of one).
- Hang out in Hawaii: see a volcano, drive the Hana Highway, visit a pineapple plantation and take a helicopter to the waterfalls.
- Bike the Virginia Capital Trail – when complete in 2014, it will encompass 52 miles of scenery and history between Richmond and Williamsburg, Va.
- Get published in a “real” paper and print magazine.
Well, this list sums up my current career and travel interests. If it’s crossed off, it’s been done. If it’s all linked up, there’s more information just waiting to be read.
What’s on your list?